With the screening of the multiawarded “Sonita”, the international documentary Festival DocsBarcelona Valparaíso opens its doors and will take place from the 25th to the 30th de November in the port Chilean city. With this new event, DocsBarcelona lands in Xile and enlarges its network of 3 festivals, together with the ones in Barcelona (19 years) and Medellín (4 years).
In its first edition, the festival presents in Valparaiso a complete program with an outstanding selection of international and national documentary releases, a development workshop, a hackaton, master classes and networking professional activities.
7 Chilean documentaries will be presented in competition with the aim of fostering and promoting the national talent. There have been submissions from many regions and the final selection is formed by the following titles:
- Como me da la gana II, Director http://comprar-ed.com/viagra.html Ignacio Agüero, 2016.
- El Rastreador de Estatuas, Jerónimo Rodríguez, 2015.
- La Ciudad Perdida, Director Francisco Hervé, 2016.
- La Máquina Voladora, Director Vicente Barros, 2016.
- Niña Sombra, Directora María Teresa Larraín, 2016.
- Roberto Bolaño, La Batalla Futura, Director Ricardo House, 2016.
These films will compete for the Best Chilean Documentary Award, the DocsBarcelona of the Month award and the Audience Award.
The Promise, by Markus Vetter, Syrian Love Story by Sean McAllister, Game Over, by Alba Sotorra or Freightened by Denis Delestrac are some of the 10 films in the Official Competition aiming for the Best film Award and the Audience Award.
From today until next Wednesday, 5 venues in the city, among which the Cinemateca of the Pontificia Catholic University of Valparaíso, strategic partners of the festival, will offer to the city the best talent and documentary program.