Intensive courses designed to complement and widen the audiovisual training of university and film and production schools.
The monographic courses we are offering:
- Learn from the masters: a workshop where 4 renowned documentary filmmakers with prestigious international awards share their knowledge in a practical way.
- History of documentary: a journey through the main moments in the history of non-fiction cinema. Includes viewing of film fragments.
- Film criticism: a space for reflection and understanding of cinema, analyzing how we watch films, and learning how to write a critique. It includes practical writing exercises as well as debate.
- Documentary narrative: the peculiarities of the genre’s narrative and expressive forms will be approached through the structural analysis of documentaries. The lessons learned can be applied to own projects.
- Documentary ethics: screenings of documentary works that will serve as examples to discuss the thorny ethical territory that documentary makers have to deal with when doing their work.
- Documentary onthology: philosophical inquiry into the specific traits of documentary as a form of expression, its paradoxes and creative possibilities.